Los Angeles Rams at Seattle Seahawks: Matchups to watch revisited

More
1 week 5 days ago #1 by linchao
After playing their first game outside of the state of California Womens Rodger Saffold Jersey , the Los Angeles Rams remain undefeated with a perfect 5-0 record.Traveling to Seattle to play the Seahawks in their home is no easy task, and that proved true yesterday.Let’s take a look at the matchups to watch from last week and revisit how the battles ended:CB Nickell Robey-Coleman vs WR Doug BaldwinLast week’s matchup to watch:Doug Baldwin had one reception for one single yard. He was literally the definition of invisible. It actually turned out to be WR Tyler Lockett who had his way with the Rams’ defensive backs with three long catches that totaled 98 yards and a touchdown. Rookie WR David Moore chipped in with three receptions - two of which went for touchdowns (one was questionable). Nickell Robey-Coleman on the other hand turned out to be the Rams’ best defensive back on the day arguably. The unit struggled in general, though NRC’s physicality and tackling ability are always on display.LT Andrew Whitworth vs DE Frank ClarkLast week’s matchup to watch:Frank Clark was a problem yesterday for the Rams. Clark beat Whitworth on a few occasions as a pass rusher, but not only that, he actually registered an interception too. Clark returned that INT for 26 yards. He also registered a TFL on a jet sweep by Robert Woods where he got blown up. Now, it wasn’t all good. Whitworth also played a very good game himself, but that’s how the game goes sometimes. Good players win, and yesterday two good players got theirs.QB Jared Goff vs CB Shaquill GriffinLast week’s matchup to watch:If you looked at Jared Goff’s stat line you’d probably think he had a bad day, but that’s why we watch the games instead. Goff accounted for two interceptions on the day though one was simply a great pass breakup by a Seahawks defender that got batted up and dropped into Frank Clark’s hands, and the other was a hail mary attempt before the end of the half which was intercepted. Goff was picking apart (used to this yet?) the Seahawks’ defenders one-by-one. Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp were dominant and even depth players like Josh Reynolds and KhaDarel Hodge got their feet wet after concussions knocked out both Kupp and Brandin Cooks from the game.RB Todd Gurley vs MLB Bobby WagnerLast week’s matchup to watch:Todd Gurley wasn’t asked to do too much yesterday, though his physicality showed as he was finishing his runs with power all night. Gurley only had 77 rushing yards on 22 carries though he did have three rushing touchdowns. He also chipped in with four receptions for 36 yards. Gurley wasn’t allowed to kill the Seahawks (by gameplan), though he was still highly effective and poses a dangerous threat every time he touches the ball.DT Aaron Donald vs QB Russell WilsonLast week’s matchup to watch:Even though you didn’t hear his name called often, Donald was once again a handful for the Seahawks’ offensive line. Donald registered another sack keeping his streak going http://www.ramsfootballauthentics.com/tyler-higbee-jersey-authentic , and also chipped in with a tackle-for-loss. Much more is expected from the defensive line as a whole, but Ndamukong Suh did also chip in with another sack (and a second that was negated by defensive holding).K Cairo Santos vs himselfLast week’s matchup to watch:Outside of a missed extra point (which was awful) Santos had himself a solid game. Santos went 2-for-2 on field goals and 3-for-4 on extra points. Ultimately, his last field goal turned out to be the game winner; and it was a good time for him to rebound off a missed extra point.TRANSCRIPT: Los Angeles Rams HC Sean McVay September 14 press conference Los Angeles Rams HC Sean McVay(On CB Marcus Peters reportedly being fined over $13,000 for his touchdown celebration)“The league makes those decisions. I’m not sure about that specifically, exactly kind of what they’ve come to. That’s up to the league. They make those decisions with regards to how they handle that.”(On if he’s ok with the Peters’ celebration)“Well here’s what I would say, he’s got a close relationship with (Raiders RB) Marshawn (Lynch). This was something that he had discussed with him before, if he was going to be able to make a play like that. So, I think it was a good way for those guys to kind of have an inside joke, laughing about it. I think it was all in fun and lighthearted. That was kind of how we looked at it and how I look at it.”(On if he’s concerned at all about players going outside the bounds of what he wants them to do)“No, that’s something that I don’t consider like that. If it’s something that truly hurts our football team with regards to the behavior and decisions we’re making in a game that’s a totally different deal. When it’s something like that, he had discussed with Marshawn before and he was kind of having fun with it. I think there’s a way of kind of balancing, when is it taking it too far and we certainly don’t think that was something that was taken too far.”(On if he talked to Peters about the celebration or if he will)“Oh yeah, I mean you just talk to him about the play he made for sure. That was a great play. Closed out the game for us. I think at the end of the day http://www.ramsfootballauthentics.com/samson-ebukam-jersey-authentic , you know this is a game. It’s fun. He was having fun, guys were enjoying that. I think probably with the relationship that he does have with Marshawn, you know, it wasn’t taken as anything but you know – those guys having a close relationship and kind of just being fun there.”(On what concerns him offensively and defensively after watching film of the Cardinals)“Yes, I think they’ve got great players, you know, good systems. I think any time that you really look at the history of the league, Week 1 is not necessarily indicative of what kind of team it is. Washington did a good job, but I thought the score was a little bit misleading in terms of the actual tape. They’ve got great players on both sides of the ball. They’ve got great coaches, it’s something that we’ve got to be ready to go. You look at (Cardinals RB) David Johnson, you look at (Cardinals QB) Sam Bradford, (Cardinals WR) Larry Fitzgerald like we’ve talked about. They’ve got a bunch of playmaking receivers that can stretch the field vertically. (Cardinals TE Ricky) Seals-Jones is a guy that’s made a lot of plays as well as a tight end. Then when you look on the defensive side, they’ve got guys all over their front. (Cardinals DE) Chandler Jones leading the league in sacks last year. (Cardinals LB Deone) Bucannon can run Youth Aqib Talib Jersey , and then when you really look at it on the back end they’ve got a perennial All-Pro in (Cardinals CB) Patrick Peterson. (Cardinals S Antoine) Bethea has played for a while. So you know, there’s a lot of players. I think (Cardinals S Tre) Boston is a good player and (Cardinals S Budda) Baker is a guy that going into his second year, he’s just playing with a lot more confidence. It’s a great challenge for force.”(On LB Mark Barron’s status)“Mark didn’t participate this week, he’s doubtful for the game. So it’s looking like we’ll probably go into it similar to what we did last week.”(On WR Mike Thomas’ status)“Yes, (WR) Mike’s (Thomas) going to be out. He had to actually have a procedure on his groin, unfortunately. To get that thing fixed up. He’s going to be out for some time right now, so he’ll be out for the game.”(On if there’s any other moves that may come in regards to the receiver corps now that Thomas and WR Pharoh Cooper are out)“Not right now. I think you might just see somebody else that might have been inactive, that’s on our active roster will come up. Obviously, we did the move with (WR) JoJo (Nelson), but as of right now we’re going to stay with the guys that we do have. Certainly that’s two big losses for us based on the way those guys contribute to special teams and in the depth that they provide for us offensively. But like anything else, it provides an opportunity for guys to step up. We expect JoJo to do that in return game. Then whoever else gets that opportunity to fill Mike’s void on special teams and then potentially contribute. Whether it’s an offensive or a defensive guy that we end up bringing up it would be a good opportunity for them.”

I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds